Play Therapy(TM) is a full-color magazine that includes news, clinical articles, editorials, leadership directory, events calendar, advertisements, and more, AND is included in your dues.
International Journal of Play Therapy presents original play therapy research, case studies, theories and application, and current practices. Optional continuing education credit available. Also included in your dues.
Direct to your in-box, the MNAPT Play Therapy Musings keeps readers up-to-date on play therapy events in our state, including announcements of elections, upcoming trainings, and other events. Includes articles by and for Minnesota Play Therapists.
Minnesota’s Annual Spring Conference
This yearly event features a nationally recognized play therapy presenter that cater to the needs and wants of our members. This event is designed to foster a playful and professional atmosphere for Play Therapists to network, share resources, and rejuvenate our energy for treating children in our community.
These evening or weekend events provide members with an opportunity to meet with and connect with fellow play therapists in their community. Food and drink is provided and members are encouraged to bring business cards to share.
APT Annual International Conference
In different locations every year, the International Conference provides continuing education about Play Therapy and related topics. Approved by most professional disciplines. Features prominent authors, researchers, and practitioners. Includes networking forums and extracurricular visitor activities. Registration fees are reduced for members.
Other benefits available through APT at www.a4pt.org:
* Play Therapy Credentials (1) Reduced application and renewal fees for members.
* Play Therapy Training Directory
* Approved Continuing Education Providers
* Malpractice insurance at competitive rates
* Car rental discounts
* Car insurance discounts
* Distance Learning
* APT Leadership Academy
(1) Registered Play Therapist (RPT) and Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor (RPT-S) credentials enable consumers to identify those licensed mental health professionals with specialized Play Therapy training and supervision. APT offers the designation of RPT and RPT-S credentials to individuals who have provided APT with documentation that they have: (a) a traditional mental health graduate or higher degree; (b) been licensed by one or more applicable licensing authorities and/or certified by the primary certification authorities; (c) completed a minimum number of Play Therapy training and supervision clock hours; and (d) completed the requisite continuing education hours. The credentials do not certify, imply or affirm the knowledge competency of such individual, but only confirms that the education and training requirements identified herein have been satisfied.